Once registered, you will receive a Zoom invitation link needed to attend the class at least 2 days prior to the scheduled time. Please note, this email tends to get caught up in spam. If you have not received the Zoom invitation email within 2 days of the course, please double check your spam folder or email us at email@example.com, we are here to help!
ACC 101 is designed for code officials, inspectors, contractors, and design professionals, but open to any interested party. This three-day course provides a comprehensive overview of accessibility provisions under the Uniform Construction Code, scoping requirements outlined in the International Building Code (IBC), and the technical standards of the ICC/ANSI A117.1. Practice exams are included at the end of each day to help students retain information and prepare for the Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner test. After attending this course, you will:
- Be able to find accessibility provisions in Chapter 11 of the IBC, in the IEBC and ANSI A117.1 – 2017 Standard.
- Better understand how to establish the “scoping requirements” for accessibility, from which the technical requirements will flow.
- Have been exposed to the content material that is likely to be encountered on the exam for Accessibility Plans Examiners/Inspectors.
- Understand the priority that is placed upon understanding and enforcing accessibility provisions in Pennsylvania.
- Be able to discuss some of the most common errors that are made when reviewing plans and performing inspections for accessibility compliance.
The 2021 International Building Code (IBC), 2021 International Existing Building Code (IEBC) and the ICC/ANSI A117.1-2017 are highly recommended (but NOT provided).
8:30 a.m. Live introduction with Q&A followed by independent self-study aided through video instruction
18 UCC continuing education credit hours awarded.
Attendance & Cancellation Policy for Virtual Class
To receive full CEU's for this class, Attendance & Participation in the Live Zoom's are required.
*If there are any Attendance Issues, please e-mail Christy Saliaris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation must be received in writing to email@example.com within 72 hours prior to class to be considered for a full refund.
If cancellation received after the 72-hour window, a processing fee will be applied for a portion of the refund.
Those who do not cancel or attend forfeit the full registration fee.