100 Ramada Inn Drive
Greensburg, PA 15601
IBC 101 is designed for code officials, inspectors, contractors, and design professionals, but open to any interested party. This five-day course provides comprehensive instruction and illustration on the use, application, intent and rationale of the 2009 International Building Code (IBC). After attending the complete five-day course, you will:
- Learn how to find code requirements pertaining to non-residential structures in the IBC and adopted standards.
- Have been exposed to the content material likely to be encountered on the Building Inspector and Building Plans Examiner certification examinations.
- Develop a basic knowledge of terminology and concepts related to non-residential buildings and systems.
- Be able to describe the duties of a building inspector and prioritize those inspection items having the greatest impact on the health, protection and safety of the building occupants.
After taking Part I of this course you will:
- Be more knowledgeable about IBC requirements related to: use and occupancy classifications; height and area calculations; and , types of construction.
After taking Part II of this course you will:
- Be more knowledgeable about IBC requirements related to: fire resistive rated construction and interior finish requirements.
After taking Part III of this course you will:
- Be more knowledgeable about IBC requirements related to means of egress.
After taking Part IV of this course you will:
- Be more knowledgeable about IBC requirements related to special occupancies and fire protection.
After taking Part V of this course you will:
- Be more knowledgeable about IBC requirements related to: walls, roofs, special inspections, glazing, references to electrical, plumbing and mechanical requirements and construction safety.
Building and Fire Code Academy
The 2009 International Building Code (IBC) and a standard calculator are required.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Instruction time
- One day $125
- Two days $195
- Three days $295
- Four days $395
- Five days $495
Fee includes continental breakfast and lunch
6 UCC continuing education hours awarded for each day attended.
To order offline, use this form.