Best Western Bethlehem
300 Gateway Dr
Bethlehem, PA 18017
In this one day workshop we will review the current code requirements for residential deck design and construction. This will include reviewing the new prescriptive design requirements for joists, beams and post sizing. We will also review the design requirements for stairs and stair illumination. The newly adopted code requirements lay the groundwork for the design of a residential deck. This workshop will give the opportunity to apply the prescriptive requirements to several design examples. Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will know where to find and apply the prescriptive design guidelines set forth in the IRC code books.
- Provide an understanding of the deck requirements in the IRC and Pennsylvania’s Uniform Construction Code.
- Provide background information on how to inspect for compliance with the IRC for occupant safety
- Provide a basic understudying of the structural performance of decks, why they failed in the past and how to prevent future failures
- Provide an overview of proper materials and construction methods
- The Pennsylvania Housing Research Center
The 2015 International Residential Code (IRC) and a standard calculator are required.
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Instruction time
$125 (Continental breakfast and lunch included)
6 continuing education credit hours awarded.
To order offline, use this form.
CANCELLATION & NO SHOW POLICY:
Cancellations must be received in writing by faxing to (717) 236-9493 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be determined by the date of the fax or email. A cancellation received less than 10 business days of the session you are registered for, is subject to a $20 processing fee for refunds. Those who cancel within 2 business days of the session date or do not attend, forfeit the full registration fee and if unpaid, will be invoiced. Credit toward future PCCA courses may be accepted upon approval from the PCCA administrator; substitutions may be accepted.