815 North Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA 19341
The ability to read construction blueprints is a foundational skill in the code enforcement and construction industries. Code officials, whether they are working in the field performing inspections or in the office performing plan reviews, must know how to read blueprints. Blueprint reading is fundamentally simple but it requires basic blueprint knowledge and practice.
This one-day program is designed to provide an introduction to the fundamentals of blueprint reading through lecture and interactive learning exercises. The exercises are designed to test your skill level and knowledge. Mastering blueprint reading will only come with practice! By day’s end, participants will:
- Have an elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to residential construction projects
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints
- Be able to answer basic construction questions relating to the layout and installation of materials at the job site.
- Be able to identify elementary problems with classroom blueprints
- Be exposed to different types of blueprints from construction, floor framing, roof framing, elevations, HVAC layouts, electrical etc.
- Be familiar with detail bubbles that reference larger details of schedules within a plan set.
Course participation is mandatory unless participant can show that they have a strong background, through education or work expertise, with construction blueprints. A request must be received and approved by PCCA for a participant to be excused from attending the session.
- The Pennsylvania Housing Research Center
The 2009 International Residential Code (IRC) and a standard calculator are required.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Instruction time
$125 (Continental breakfast and lunch included)
6 continuing education credit hours awarded
CANCELLATION & NO SHOW POLICY:
Cancellations must be received in writing by faxing to (717) 236-9493 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be determined by the date of the fax or email. A cancellation received less than 10 business days of the session you are registered for, is subject to a $20 processing fee for refunds. Those who cancel within 2 business days of the session date or do not attend, forfeit the full registration fee and if unpaid, will be invoiced. Credit toward future PCCA courses may be accepted upon approval from the PCCA administrator; substitutions may be accepted.